Morning Fire Detox Tea
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1.5 oz aloe
- 3 pinches cinnamon
- 3 pinches dried ginger
- 3 pinches turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Chia seeds
- Hot Water
Combine all ingredients in order in a mug. Just before water starts to boil, take it off the stove and use it to fill up the rest of the mug. Stir to prevent the chia seeds from congealing and until all ingredients combine.
This recipe is easiest if you make a week’s-worth concentrate of the aloe, lemon and spices and just add the chia and hot water every morning.
- Lemon detoxifies the liver and alkalizes the blood.
- Aloe is a medicinal herb that’s cooling to the digestive tract.
- Cinnamon is a warming anti inflammatory.
- Ginger is warming to the digestive tract, balancing out the coolness of the aloe in this recipe. It’s detoxifying in that it removes blood stagnation and expels any cold condition.
- Cayenne is an anti inflammatory.
- Chia seeds are an energy tonic that’s draining, helping to pull out toxins. They provide omega-3 fatty acids and fiber help the body start the day with enough calories to feel satisfied and get digestion working in a cleansing way before the first meal of the day.
All of these ingredients combine into a balanced and grounded tea. The heat of the spices plays off the coolness of the aloe and lemon. The chia seeds give it a more complex mouth-feel that allows you to roll the tea around in your mouth before swallowing, helping to get the digestive enzymes started.